These are my favourite online shops for dressmaking supplies.
- The Lining Company supply all things lining-related. Every colour and type under the sun. Absolutely brilliant.
- Morplan for tools and pattern making supplies. I can browse this site for hours.
- Ditto fabrics for high quality fabrics and an easy to use website.
- Pro-Sew-Darlington on eBay is where I get bias binding.
- Truro Fabrics have a huge variety of luxurious fabrics. If I’ve got something particular in mind I usually start here as their website is one of the easiest to search. Very bad for the wallet.
- Tissu are the best for stretch fabric and the price is right.
- Stone Fabrics is a high-end emporium; their site is best approached with an open mind because the range is large and the categories broad, making to hard to find something in particular. They have a great swatch club and the customer service is lovely.
- Minerva Crafts have a giant website for all things craft-related. Good value, easy to use, and supplies lots of things you’d struggle to find anywhere else.
- Calico Laine provided me with some lush teal-coloured Melton for a kimono jacket. Their shipping is cheap and fast and the range of fabrics broad; I will definitely be shopping there again.
- Moresewing on eBay – the only place I could find Vilene G405.
- Croft Mill have excellent value wool and their fanciful fabric descriptions are an entertaining read even if you’re not really shopping
- Fabric Godmother aren’t the cheapest but the collection is beautifully curated. Good for something special.
And some I want to try: