Archive for August, 2012

This is Burda 116-08-2011, inspired by Allison’s version. I think this might be the single fastest dress I ever made. I started tracing the pattern on Saturday morning. Then I cut the fabric out. Then I thought I might as well thread the overlocker and the sewing machine, and then once those were threaded I […]

A few weeks ago SewingElle posted about a wonderful striped Anthropologie dress. It has several diagonally slanted panels on the waist and skirt with the stripes running in different directions on each panel. The effect is very eye-catching. After reading her post I fell in love with it too and wondered if I could get […]

It may be summer in the UK, but my latest make is a pattern from last winter’s Burda. I’m really pleased to have finished this; so pleased that I couldn’t wait for a nice day to get my other half to take the pictures! The pattern is Burda 120-12-2011. The fabric was a lovely birthday […]