The silver trousers are done. These are Burda 103B-07-2010 again. My previous attempt was made in black stretch denim. The silver fabric is also denim, but definitely non-stretch. I made the same size as I did the first pair because I really didn’t want them to be baggy, but basted them together to check the fit before sewing the seams. Despite the lack of stretch they’re still comfortable.
I lowered the waist on these by about an inch from the original style. They’re also a bit longer in the leg than the black pair. In fact they’re a bit too long – see all the creasing round my ankles – but I really prefer them that way.
I made these in a jeans style with double top-stitched inseams and yoke seams, but none of that has showed up in the pictures so you’ll have to take my word for it.
The fabric is more of a pewter colour than full on bacofoil silver. It looks a bit shinier in the sunlight, below. The silver is painted on to a black base fabric and in places the paint is not even. Luckily the only place where I’ve ended up with much of a mismatch is the top of one of the inseams so it can’t be seen.
And here’s the obligatory back view. The fit’s far from perfect, but if I’d found silver skinny jeans in the shops in anything approximating my size I’d have bought them, so I’m very happy with these. It’s really great being able to sew things!