Archive for October, 2011

I’ve decided to try to reproduce the Vivienne Westwood wrap dress rather than using one of the Burda patterns for my next project – thanks for all the suggestions! But in the meantime I have managed to finish my last project, the hoodie dress. This one has been nothing but aggravation. It started badly with […]

Pattern Choice


I’m still trying to make my mind up about what pattern to use for my Death Star fabric. The reason I was originally drawn to the fabric is that it reminded me of this Vivienne Westwood wrap dress, which I bought years ago and wore until it’s practically in rags. I couldn’t bear to throw […]

Last weekend I went to the V&A’s Power Of Making exhibition with my husband and mother-in-law. I hadn’t really read the blurb and guessed it would be all about handcrafts. We’d originally been intending to go to the much larger Postmoderism exhibition but didn’t have enough time for it, whereas Power of Making was nicely […]

I’m still procrastinating about cutting out my hoodie dress. So with the project queue piling up again, what better time to acquire yet more fabric? This is Liberty’s Emilia de Poret fabric. I’ve been dithering over this since first seeing it when visiting Liberty with Elizabeth and co. This weekend I finally made up my […]

Great excitement the other day as my new Vogue patterns arrived. I managed to restrict myself to four this time: three from the new collection and one older Chado Ralph Rucci design, Vogue 1107. I picked the Rucci because I’ve made two of his other patterns and loved them both. This one’s not quite my […]

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments about Vogue 1073! The weather in the UK has started to get autumnal, so it should be getting some wear pretty soon. My next project’s got off to a rather unfortunate start. I am going to make a simple hoodie dress based on this pattern. I had […]

I finally got some pictures of my finished Vogue 1073 on me. It’s been a long slog to get here! I hope it wasn’t boring. It was a lot of fun to make but I haven’t talked about anything else for about a month. The construction of this dress is quite unusual. There are no […]