Creative procrastination

08May11

I’ve been procrastinating. A week ago I cut out the pieces for a muslin of Burda 132-04-2011.

There are a lot of them. Sixteen main pieces, plus the pockets. The original pattern was for leather but I shall be making mine in a black stretch woven, so the real thing will have even more bits because it will need facings. The pieces have sat there on the ironing board all week, waiting for me.

Not that I have not been sewing. I made myself a new make-up bag out of the remains of the skull print dress fabric and lined it with some orange poplin I used to make a balloon dress last year.

I used this tutorial (thanks Jane!) to make the bag, but I made mine much larger than the original. I never seem to be able to find a bag large enough to hold all my make-up, despite barely wearing the stuff. This one has plenty of room.

Then I decided to turn my version of Simplicity 3833 into a sleeveless dress. The long-sleeved version isn’t getting any wear because the fit on the sleeves isn’t very good, so I cut them off and finished the armhole edges with bias binding.


Amazing what you can accomplish when you’re avoiding something. That pile of muslin pieces is still staring at me though. I can see my marking is going to get done early this weekend!



One Response to “Creative procrastination”

  1. Haha, been there done that kind of procrastination! Don’t worry, you’ll get to it. Eventually. ;)



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 497 other followers

%d bloggers like this: